Wednesday, February 13, 2008

University of Calgary's New Law Library

After Minister Jim Prentice's speech and Q&As plus a chance encounter with University of Calgary Faculty of Law Dean Alastair Lucas last week, I popped by the UC Law Library to do some research on one of my favourite economist - Ronald Coase.

To my surprise delight, I was greeted with a newly renovated law library. The wonderfully charming librarian Susan was great in helping me track down the articles I was looking for. Thanks to Susan and the resourceful UC Law Library, I now have got most of Prof. Ronald Coase's seminal papers (e.g. “The Federal Communications Commission”, “The Lighthouse in Economics”, "The Problem of Social Cost" (this is the article that Prof. Steven Cheung read and re-read over three years before he met Prof. Coase, note: Free PDF version from SFU prof here), etc).

Thanks Susan.

No comments: