Saturday, February 2, 2008

Groundhog Day 2008

Me and my better half have been watching Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell's Groundhog Day (the film) on Groundhog Day (Feb 2nd) every year for longer than I can remember. As always, I also discover something new this year. I found this wonderful 2005 Roger Ebert re-review of the film. I tried to find a YouTube clip of a few scenes in the movie that I love, unfortunately I couldn't find any nice ones to include.

P.S. Here are the 2008 Groundhog Day "predictions" so far according to National Post,

The results so far:

Shubnedacadie Sam (Nova Scotia): Spring

Punxsutawney Phil (Pennsylvania): Winter

Wiarton Willie (Ontario): Spring

General Beauregard Lee (Georgia): Spring

Balzac Billy (Alberta): Spring

Buckeye Chuck (Ohio): Spring

Staten Island Chuck (New York state): Spring

Malverne Mel (New York state): Spring

No comments: