Monday, February 11, 2008

Julie Payette - The sky is not the limit !

Julie Payette was my Teaching Assistant in my Comp Sci CSC258 class at University of Toronto.

Few years ago I got in touch with Julie via the Canadian Space Agency telling her how I remember her when we were at UT. And she was very nice in sending me the two autographed pictures (see above) which I've hung proudly on my wall. (smile)

Here is some latest news today,
Canadian astronauts to visit space station in 2009

P.S. I remember Julie as charming and cute but she was quite strict as a TA too. And she even gave me an impromptu French test when I wore a t-shirt with the word "monsieur" embroidered. I was lucky that I haven't totally forgotten what "monsieur" means from the months of Alliance Française classes I took in Hong Kong. (smile)

P.P.S. Here is a pre-recorded Q&A with Julie Payette in NASA's Astronaut Flight Lounge - Select "Julie Payette" from the Astronauts tab.

No comments: