Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pig’s Lungs on Heavenly Electric Platform - 豬肺, 天台, 電台

I read two great pieces by my friend Daisann. She wrote in “The Electric Platform” (an excerpt, emphasis mine),

Yesterday an extraordinary thing happened in Hong Kong. A young magistrate in the Eastern District Court, Douglas Yau Tak Hong, delivered a knockout judgement in favor of the upstart pirate radio station, Citizen’s Radio of Hong Kong. Judge Yau, in dismissing the case against activists Tsang Kin-sheng (”The Bull”), Leung Kwok-hung and several others, ruled that the current system of approving/rejecting applications for a broadcast license in Hong Kong is unconstitutional according to the Basic Law.

And then she talks about “heaven platform” (天台, that’s rooftop), good friends, and good food in a constantly changing Hong Kong.

Daisann, thanks for being my eyes and ears in all things Hong Kong (especially politics and Long Hair News) as I somehow missed this news even I tried to read all the headlines on Apple Daily (after all, I had paid for a subscription). You know I aspire to write like you and I know I still have a long way to go. But then the journey is what makes the writing fun, right? (big smile)

P.S. As an aside, Prof. Lessig has an insightful blog entry on “Deregulating Spectrum” that provides a good argument on what our current (and future) technologies are capable of delivering with properly defined spectrum usage spectrum policy can allow wide spread use of the spectrum. Great Google video by Prof. Lessig explaining the U.S. situations.

No comments: