Saturday, January 19, 2008

Nuclear Lapdog, Hotdog or Watchdog?

Here is a sharp commentary from Rex Murphy on the firing the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission president Ms. Linda Keen that I agree with very much. And the end of this National “At Issue” panel discussion Afghanistan which touches on the dismissal of Ms. Keen at the end of the program. (I think Mr. Andrew Coyne was so wrong. And Ms. Chantal Hebert was very sensible. And Mr. Allan Gregg and I share much concern of the long term impact of the government’s influence on independent commissions. And the idea of parliament knows more about nuclear safety than a nuclear commission that is designed to do just that is just wrong to me as well as I’ve blogged previously.)

Thanks to the Harper government, we now know we don’t have a Nuclear Watchdog in Canada. We are now left with a Nuclear Lapdog at best.

No comments: