Friday, March 28, 2008

My Sassy Girl Trailer

The original Korean film My Sassy Girl is one of my favourite romantic comedy with a different twist. Hollywood is remaking it starring Elisha Cuthbert. Quoting Moriarty at AIC, “If Elisha Cuthbert can pull this off, she’ll change her career, and if she doesn’t, the film won’t work. Tall order, if you ask me.” I think the film is also difficult to “translate” culturally too. Will see.

Here is a trailer of the original Korean My Sassy Girl. A film that I highly recommend.

Here is a trailer of the Hollywood remake.

P.S. Writing this entry lead me to think of “The Lake House” which is the Hollywood remake of the Korean “Siworae” (a better film if you ask me).

P.P.S. The Korean filmmakers are probably feeling proud, just as Hong Kong filmmakers (when Scorsese remade HK's "Infernal Affairs" into his Oscars winning "The Departed").

No comments: