Monday, April 21, 2008

Susur Lee - celebrated Canadian chef

Here is an excerpt G&M Report on Business video interview with Susur Lee (emphasis added),

Celebrated Canadian chef, Susur Lee, moves his East-West fusion cuisine to New York this fall with plans to open with a restaurant inside the new Thompson hotel on Manhattan’s Lower East Side. Mr. Lee says that he just couldn’t turn down the opportunity. He will close his Toronto restaurant, Susur, which opened to rave reviews in 2000, at the end of May but will continue the more relaxed eatery Lee, located right next door.

The 50-year-old chef told the Globe, “If I don’t change, I’ll get old. I always love the challenge. I always love to do new things. I’m not sad at all.”

The Hong Kong born chef, who moved to Canada almost three decades ago, is generally credited with developing a new form of cuisine that blends Chinese with French cooking.

Enjoy.

No comments: